The Department of Modern and Classical Languages has a full-time second semester leave replacement opening for a Middle and Upper School French teacher to begin January 14, 2019. This position is for a second semester sabbatical leave replacement.
The ideal candidate:
1) is an educator who is familiar with teaching French to students in grade 5 in the Middle School and in grades 10-11 in the Upper School
2) regards collaboration as an essential component of professional growth and values working on a team
3) approaches work with maturity, flexibility and curiosity
4) demonstrates cultural competency, values working with people of diverse styles and backgrounds and fosters an equitable and inclusive environment
5) finds joy in working with children and is a positive member of the school community
6) has spent time living in a French-speaking country
7) enjoys a commitment that extends beyond the classroom, including contributions to the larger community
Native or near native proficiency
Master’s degree and minimum 3 years teaching experience preferred
Applicants should email resume, cover letter, references and educational philosophy to: MSResumes@SpenceSchool.org (no faxes or phone calls, please)
Spence is committed to an equitable and inclusive program and a diverse faculty and student body. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are therefore especially encouraged to apply.